Tuesday 8 March 2011

Endings

It is 4am and I can't sleep. All the minor niggles of life have suddenly become massive as is the joy of any 4am musing. Yesterday was a long day for many reasons some too personal to share here for the moment. But I finally saw a very dim light at the end of the PhD tunnel. It is happening despite my thoughts over the past few months that I would never get there. Am awake because of the mixed emotions that are now surrounding that. When I started my PhD there was a sense of security within the academic community. So much hope. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Very few places are in a position to employ new lecturers and that was not something I had anticipated. I feel there are so many endings coming up but what about the beginnings are they really there too?

I really hope so

No comments:

Post a Comment