Sunday 7 August 2011

Ummmm


Well that was a faster U turn than any Coalition government.

I have been surprised, and totally humbled, by the number of people who have contacted me and in so many ways - email, in person, through facebook - asking me not to stop Chaosmos. I had no idea how many people were actually following me.

So I have had to do a little re-think. Chaosmos is coming back. I am aiming, as a friend suggested, to make it reflections on my work and that of others,and discussions of books I'm reading, or even new ideas pieces.

With that idea in mind I would like to mention a little book that someone gave me, entitled Carry a Poem. It is a delightful little book about snippets of poems that people carry around with them. A poem can say so much and mean so many different things as we bring our own cultural moment to our reading. One of the snippets was from an e e cummings poem which means a lot to me.

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)

I realised quite how many people carry my heart with them when they came out of the woodwork saying they enjoyed Chaosmos. This was further endorsed by several totally unrelated emails, some intentional, some not, that proved to me how many people care. I know I carry a lot of hearts with me but sometimes it is too easy to forget in this busy life that it is often a reciprocal thing.

I have heard this song sung by a very old friend who has a wonderful voice. She's not old but we've known each other for over 20 years. She also has one of the biggest hearts I know and is the only person who can get away with calling me 'Stumpy'. Enjoy a bit of Summertime

No comments:

Post a Comment